Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Things of Late


Posting slowed down considerably as I departed on a 5 day stint to NSW, to attend a wedding, meet my newborn nephew and catch up with a whole bunch of people. The stay put a lot of different thoughts into my mind, many of which surprised me. To be able to just have so many more intentional conversations in such a short space of time really helped to draw a bigger picture of the world I know and the people therein.

I am fortunate. 

But the level of quality in these individuals has helped me realize the need to continue to bring things to the table. There was a desire within me right from the day I arrived to also get back down to B’Rat and get to work. I have around me friends and family who really make me want to be great. Who help me believe I can be great. And not in a shitty self-esteem generic sense.

When I started making a point of seeing through bullshit in life, it was hard because it shattered a lot of illusions I had. But the beauty in it is that you see really see the sincere stuff shine so much more.
Uni has begun in earnest. And I’m super keen. I’m feeling a keenness and focus that I’ve never felt before, and it really edifies my whole decision to give up the office space, and undertake something like this. I’m still getting settled into it all but that’s half the excitement. There is a big part of me that’s just glad I have space, time and a framework in which to write, even if the classes aren’t always super exciting. I’m just happy that this is what I’m doing with my life now.

Some random links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KLjgBLwH3Wc
this was super awesome. Really reaffirmed my desire to be healthy, and raised a lot of good conversation.

more interesting health stuff. This article felt quite balanced compared to a lot that I’ve seen of late.

Interesting topic raised on the Someplace with Substance facebook I started a while back on the legislation of drugs. I tend to be for it, but it brings with it a whole plethora of issues.

Tim Minchin is so candid. He offends quite necessarily.

Bit scattered today sorry, but still trying to get settled and my head back into things after coming back from NSW.

No comments:

Post a Comment