Monday, December 21, 2015

I guess I'm back...

....and hopefully here to stay.

Although I find it a little intimidating to return. I have tried numerous times to re-ignite a discipline of regular writing, but it never seems to stick.

But I think I have to do something, even if it's crappy. Being crap at something is the first step top being sort of okay at something. That's why I'm back on this actually website as well.
It's got history on here. It's got old pieces that reflect a younger, messier, imperfect version of myself. But perfection cannot be the enemy of good. I am okay that I was am imperfect. And I have to be okay with the fact that I am imperfect now. And I have to learn that that is no reason to not create.

So why come back now?

I guess I feel that I am ready. There are things I want to say, that more and more I appreciate are worth saying.

Throughout the years I have been angry, and confused, and living a life that was far from my own. I didn't have the maturity and language to express the journey, or to give it due to diligence. I feel that's different now. I have embraced my journey. I have embraced it's imperfection. I have embraced my own life.

And for a while that has been enough. I have been happy in a life that is true to myself. There is nothing of which I am more proud than that fact. But I must embrace that that is an ongoing evolution.

So I'm back. And I'm here to generate material. Lots of it I think. Lots of really low quality posts, and a few big awesome ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment