Saturday, January 28, 2012

Introducing the Blog of Michael Thackray


Initially I was going to launch this journal with a memoir on my past few years. However as I launched on this endeavour I found that there was far too much too write in one post.
The contents of these times are enough to fill vast books. I could write endlessly on the experiences I’ve had, the lessons I’ve endured, the sacrifices and gains I have made. Indeed every attempt to capture something into written form left me frustrated at my own inability to comprehensively cover all that I felt needed covering. Even deciding where even to begin was a challenge that felt beyond my abilities.

Thus I have deemed to take a more realistic approach. I currently lack the tools to sort these thoughts so neatly and completely, but perhaps I can capture them when they present themselves with clarity, and share them as they come, and in that might I chronicle something that may be of use to you, whoever you are reading this.

I will not only be reflecting on the experiences of my life thus far. Soon begins my foray into the learned world of writing. I have enrolled in the course of Professional Writing and Editing with the University of Ballarat. It is my hope that this will open up the literary world to me, and provide to me the structure and discipline to pursue my writing ambitions more convincingly. It is one of the underlying reasons I have sought to create this blog; to have a virtual word dojo to practice in. Hopefully I will witness the maturation and strengthening of my words.

In any case though, it might refine my thoughts and reasoning, and that is a noble enough reason for this endeavour. Be warned though! For in doing so I will respect naught but what is reasonable enough to of earned it. I will adopt no offense as my problem.

So welcome! This is my online diary, where I will reflect on the past, clarify my thoughts, share my experiences and above all write! Write like a Boss!

Also just as a quick note, my previous failures at online blogging can be found here.
These posts are old and inconsistent however, and I leave them to collect dust.

Edit:
I will be looking to update tri-weekly. No promises though.

No comments:

Post a Comment