Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Kicked into gear

I had to kick my own ass yesterday. Too much of letting life happen to me. I don't know what managed to get a hold of me, but today I feel I've thrown off some of those asphyxiations. The tightness across my chest has lessened. I think the shackles of commitment had been weighing me down, and I had not taken the steps to redefine as I should have. Quite a convoluted journey, much more than I have the strength to process in  day, but I'm feeling optimistic in what is a new sort of essential selfishness. In any case I'm actually doing some uni work. That remains a solid start.

I have to do more writing. This remains a burdensome truth in any sway. Not so much in urgency, but more in the fact that I do little constructive with my time as is. I don't build, and I get frustrated I haven't built so I don't build some more. A vicious cycle of sorts.
My workstation is also my playstation. Distractions come in great potency here, often walking in single file to shroud there numbers. I cannot remedy this unless I destroy those destructive habits.
But I Likeee themmmm.................
But writing is a habit also. One that becomes increasingly appealing. Perhaps it will become more enticing in due time.

I've been enjoying the recent iteration of Sherlock in my spare time. There's a cleverness to the writing that makes almost plausible at times. I enjoy speculating on the powers of deduction. I'd like to see some more tempered takes in action; deduction in reality, rather than embellished fiction. What potential lies therein? Let's Check It Out (with Steve Brule)

google Steve Brule. now.

Also this:

http://oneword.com/

Fun little experiment that's becoming with my fellow writers...


I feel better after writing this. I feel good in general. I've probably just been primed with this DOTA 2 invite...but I'd like to think its the writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment