Monday, March 5, 2012

The Uni Life!

University begins in earnest!

I'm enjoying it, for the most part. Studying in Ballarat does however come with it's isolation. There isn't a lot going on out here in the way of Arts and Academia, and I'd like to think that if I were studying in Melbourne there would be a lot more to immerse myself in too.

That being said the challenge is then on me to take my studies seriously.
It's not too difficult although much of the current content is fairly...meh. A few subjects are starting to get meatier which is a good thing. I'm trying to ensure I keep myself interested.
Beyond learning about nouns and verbs, and horribly basic computer skills and ergonomics, there has been some more interesting aspects.
Industry Overview is helping me understand the Industry (surprise, surprise). Whilst not always stimulating the insights feel sincere. There's been a lot of interviewing/guest speakers and it's nice to have input from people who are living it.
Narrative and Text feels quite in-depth. We're looking at more preliminary subjects, such as narrative and what it is, and what defines literature, and I'm excited to see where that will take us.

I'm looking forward to having a more full on assignment too in some ways. I need to master essay-writing and essaying and other general academic practices, and it's good to learn by doing.

Despite all this I find myself wanting more. Perhaps if I start working I won't feel as such. I just have to much spare time on my hands, that I don't know how to sort it and handle it. I want to be more busy, it's easier to structure a life in that situation. I just feel like I could be accomplishing so much more in this time than I currently am. I most definitely want to be.

So Yay for uni!

No comments:

Post a Comment