Monday, March 12, 2012

(sort of) Things of late

"It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us..."
- Rorschach, from Alan Moore's 'Watchmen'

Nothing like a touch of Watchmen to get you nice and existentially depressed. A fucking solid piece of work is Moore's Watchmen.

 The weekend was spent with some heroes of old. It was nice to occupy a more familiar niche in this relationships for a weekend, however doing somewhat new things together, and bonding with a relatively new individual. It has been capped off with an ongoing interchange regarding the nature of friends, the dire and dangerous need for friends. Go friends!
I have some very kick-ass friends. I'm not even sure how I'd go about describing them. 'Them' is a fairly broad church quite frankly. Perhaps 'friends' isn't the appropriate term.
I think 'relationships' might be more suitable here.
I have many fulfilling and useful relationships. Relationships, that generally speaking, contribute to who I am rather than detract from it, and make my life richer rather than darker. Some people with whom I relate can often be somewhat unsavoury, and yet generally I still have managed to glean good things of them.

I tire of being merely human sometimes. The part of my brain that pounces readily on abstract thought and glorious ambitions is consistently befuddled by my baser needs for belonging, comfort, food, entertainment and sex. It does make one appreciate just how inconsistent the parts that make up an individual can be. I can feel it and see it more clearly than ever of late, perhaps introspection being more available to me than other past times this recent shift in my life plates has made. There are several disconnects in my anatomy that are causing some more serious distress on a very diverse array of levels. Unfortunately the solutions are not simple. There seems to be no way forward that doesn't contain great risk or cost me some deep happiness and satisfaction. They are in a field so alien to me, a field that I have not seen modeled properly. The precedents I have been brought up with have generally been for things I do not, by this time, want.

Generally I have always said that I'd rather try somethings new and regret them, then not try anything at all. I wonder if this sentiment will continue to serve me?

Not enough UNDO buttons on life...

No comments:

Post a Comment